144. After François GIRARDON (1628-1715)
The Abduction of Proserpine by Pluto
Proof in bronze with a green-brown patina. Gilt bronze base.
Attributed to Henry Dasson (1825-1896).
End of the 19th century.
D : 66 cm.
(Oxidations to the gilding).
Installed in Versailles in August 1696 at the end of the Allée Royale, the sculpture is today
at the Orangery of the Palace of Versailles.
Several reductions identical to the one presented here are accompanied by the
signature of Henry Dasson. Let us quote in particular :
- Adam's, Slane Castle, Ireland, 05/10/2010, lot 156.
- Christie's New-York, 23/10/2018, lot 146.