OstLicht Foto Auktion Frühjahr 2023
OstLicht Photo Auction - +43 664 20 11 850 - Email
Wir freuen uns, die nächste Fotoauktion am 2. Juni 2023 um 17 Uhr MESZ im OstLicht, Galerie für Fotografie in Wien, präsentieren zu können. Die hochwertige Auswahl von 219 Losen umfasst den ersten Teil der Kollektion "In Our Time", einer Wanderausstellung, die um 1990 von der legendären Agentur Magnum präsentiert wurde und rund 280 Fotografien mit ikonischen Werken von allen wichtigen Magnum-Fotografen zeigt. Bereits in dieser Auktion, beginnend mit Losnummer 123, werden 96 Meisterwerke aus dieser Sammlung angeboten. Seit 2009 habe ich die WestLicht Photo Auctions geleitet, die ab 2020 als OstLicht Photo Auctions weitergeführt wird. Ich möchte unserem großartigen Team und unserer langjährigen Auktionatorin Niki Schauerhuber herzlich für die Arbeit danken, die wir gemeinsam geleistet haben. Wir freuen uns, die unabhängige Expertin Simone Klein in unserem Team begrüßen zu dürfen. Sie ist eine international anerkannte Persönlichkeit in der Welt der Fotografie, leitete neun Jahre lang die Abteilung für Fotografie im Kunsthaus Lempertz, war von 2007 bis 2015 Direktorin der Abteilung für Fotografie bei Sotheby's Europe und war für Auktionen in Paris, London und New York verantwortlich. Wir laden Sie herzlich ein, persönlich nach Wien zu kommen oder als abwesender Bieter an der OstLicht Photo Auction teilzunehmen. Viel Spaß, Peter Coeln und Team!
We are pleased to present the next photo auction on 2 June 2023 at 5pm CEST at OstLicht, Gallery for Photography in Vienna. The high-quality selection of 219 lots comprises the first part of the collection "In Our Time", a travelling exhibition presented around 1990 by the legendary Magnum agency, which shows around 280 photographs with iconic works by all important Magnum photographers. Already in this auction, starting with lot number 123, 96 masterpieces from this collection will be offered. Since 2009, I have been managing the WestLicht Photo Auctions, which continues as OstLicht Photo Auctions from 2020. I would like to sincerely thank our great team and our long-time auctioneer Niki Schauerhuber for the work we have done together. We are delighted to welcome independent expert Simone Klein to our team. She is an internationally renowned figure in the world of photography, headed the photography department at Kunsthaus Lempertz for nine years, was director of the photography department at Sotheby's Europe from 2007 to 2015 and was responsible for auctions in Paris, London and New York. We cordially invite you to come to Vienna in person or to participate in the OstLicht Photo Auction as an absentee bidder. Have fun, Peter Coeln and team!
- By submitting a written or telephone purchase order, an online bid or by participating in person as a room bidder, each bidder at the OstLicht Photo Auction accepts the terms and conditions of the auction.
- The auction is open to the public and shall be conducted in accordance with the regulations of the Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act and in accordance with the legal conditions. Place of execution is the place of business of the Auction House and place of jurisdiction is Vienna.
- The valuation and professional definition of the objects were carried out by experts of OstLicht Auction. Errors and misprints may occur. Corrections to the description in the online catalogue can be made up until the auction.
- If a bidder is unable to attend the preview, we will be happy to provide additional condition reports by e-mail. High resolution photographs of all works including the back sides can be viewed in our online catalogue www.ostlicht-auction.com.
- Bids can be submitted in writing (letter or e-mail to: [email protected]) or via our homepage, or other online platforms. The bids must contain the address of the client as well as the highest bid in EURO. These prices should be maximum prices the buyer is willing to pay; the premium will be invoiced as an additional charge in the case of a successful bid. In any case, the bid will be knocked down at the lowest possible amount for the bidder.
- For lots from 500 EURO we also accept telephone bids. Telephone bidders will be called by OstLicht Auctions before the requested lots are opened. However, we cannot guarantee that the telephone connection will be completed.
- Room buyers will receive a bidding number upon presentation of identification or a valid credit card before the auction begins.
- The auction house reserves the right to request proof of liquidity from a remote bidder, to require an advance payment for high bids or the deposit of a valid credit card.
- The purchase price for lots consists of the hammer price plus the premium of usually 24% (incl. VAT). Exceptions are those lots marked with * next to the starting price. Here the premium is 20% plus 13% VAT, if these remain in the EU.
- For lots exported to third countries outside of the European Community or purchased with a valid UID number, the Premium is only 20%.
- In the case of works by some living photographers and photographers who died less than 70 years ago and were listed at bildrecht.at, we are obliged to collect the droit de suite. This is for the benefit of the artist or his heirs. This amounts to the percentages defined by the legislator depending on the hammer price. It is not payable for hammer prices below EUR 2,500. The fee amounts to 4% for hammer prices up to 50,000 EUR, 3% of the further 150,000 EUR. The droit de suite will be added to the buyer's invoice.
- If bidding via one of the live bidding platforms (e.g., LiveAuctioneers), an additional fee of between 3% and 5% will be charged, depending on the platform.
- You also have the option of bidding live or placing written bids via our own platform (www.ostlicht-auction.com) at no additional cost.
- The auction will take place in the order of the catalogue numbering. The catalogue text of the printed edition of the auction catalogue shall be relevant. The auctioneer is entitled to reject bids and to cancel a knockdown already awarded in order to further increase the value of the item in question.
- The starting price is the price stated in the catalogue, unless there are several higher written bids. The hammer price is increased by approx. 10% of the starting price. If there are several identical written bids, the first bid received will be accepted. In principle, no underbids will be accepted. The prices are in EURO, also the invoices must be paid in EURO.
- Ownership of the auctioned goods shall not be transferred to the buyer until payment has been made in full. In the event of a successful bid, the buyer undertakes to accept and pay for the lot auctioned by him. The Auctioneer shall not be entitled to take back auctioned items.
- The items are insured until 14 days after the auction or until the buyer takes possession of them before the expiry of this period, after which the buyer is liable for the lots purchased by him.
- The auctioned lots will only be handed over to the highest bidder after full payment of the hammer price and the buyer's premium, as well as any applicable taxes and fees.
- Room bidders must pay for and collect the auctioned item at the end of the auction. If payment is made by credit card, 3% will be added to the purchase price. For lots purchased in writing, by telephone or online, you will receive an invoice with bank details as soon as possible. These must be paid within 8 days of receipt net without deductions and including bank charges. In the event of late payment, interest on arrears will be charged at a rate of 5% above the base rate of the Austrian National Bank. Costs for packaging, transport and transport insurance are shown separately in the invoice. These are charged at cost price, and we make every effort to offer the most reasonable transport and insurance rates. A storage fee of 5-20 EURO per day and item may be charged for auctioned items that have not been collected after 30 working days from the date of invoice.
- In the event of refused acceptance, late payment or non-payment, the buyer shall be liable for all damages and resulting costs.
- Lots that have not been paid for or have only been partially paid for may be auctioned again. In this case, the original buyer shall be liable for the reduced price and shall not be entitled to any additional proceeds.
- Auctioned items will not be taken back. However, if it is an obvious and serious wrong description and the buyer has not personally inspected the item, it must be claimed in writing no later than 8 days after receipt. If the claim is accepted as valid, the buyer has the right to a refund of the purchase price and the buyer's premium with the return of the auctioned item at the same time.
- Conditions of Sale for Bidders at OstLicht Photo Auctions (OstLicht Ges.m.b.H), April 2023